Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1 September 2010

Dropped off Toshiba laptop running Vista.

Initial error:

SMART failure predicted on Hard Disk: 0: WDC WD1600BEVS-22RST0-(S1)

WARNING:Immediately back up your data and replace your hard drive. A failure may be imminent.

Press F1 to continue.

1. Tried starting normally.

2. Tried running REPAIR DISK. Got as far as choose language (US)

3. Tried starting in Safe Mode.
Tried starting in Sage Mode with DOS Prompt.

froze at please wait...both times.

4. Tried CHKDSK.

Error CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
Deleting index entry SCM.EVM in index $I30 of file 4584.
Deleting index entry SCM.EVM.4 in index $I30 of file 4584.
Deleting index entry SCMEVM~1.4 in index $I30 of file 4584.
Deleting index entry downloads.dat in index $I30 of file 75300.
Deleting index entry DOWNLO~1.DAT in index $I30 of file 75300.
An unspecified error occurred.
.

Hard shut down. Side note: CD/DVD drive will not open.

CD/DVD drive opened.

I was able to get to the desktop by selecting start windows normally.
I backed up data.

Now when it boots up it beeps twice and gives the error

No comments:

Post a Comment